Eligible training must meet the needs of the business and lead to a guaranteed job in BC.
This is limited to:
- Soft Skills;
- Essential Skills;
- Management and Business Skills; and
- Specialized and Technical Skills, which includes Foundation Programs and Apprenticeship Training for Trades.
- Foundation programs and apprenticeship training are limited to those listed in the 2025 Labour Market Outlook Top Opportunity Occupations requiring apprenticeship training.
- For Apprenticeship Training in Levels 2 & 3, in addition to being in the 2025 Labour Market Outlook Top Opportunity Occupations, participant must be from an underrepresented group in the labour force. Level 1 and Apprenticeship Completion levels are exempt from this additional requirement.
Eligible training providers include :
- BC Public Post-Secondary institutions
- Training Organizations run by BC’s School Districts
- Registered Trade/Technical Schools
- Union Halls and Training Boards
- Trades or Industry Recognized Personal Safety Training Providers
- Small Business BC
- BC Private Post-Secondary training providers for training registered with the PTIB
Private training providers not registered with PTIB are only eligible if they meet the following conditions:
- Training rates and course descriptions must be posted (i.e. online) and remain stable.
- Training is provided by a Qualified Instructor, with certifications and/or experience directly related to the type of training.
- Satisfactory Course Outline must be included with the application.
- The Province must be satisfied that the costs of the training are not unreasonable.
Only the following are Training Costs Eligible for reimbursement:
- Tuition fees or fees charged by a Third-Party Training provider;
- Mandatory Student Fees;
- Examination fees;
- Textbooks, software and other required materials; and
- Travel costs, under certain circumstances (Click for the general criteria. Travel expenses listed under Appendix C.)